Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Official Post

The spring breeze flirts its way up my skirt as I run down Fifth Avenue. I’m late for work. Well, soon to be late. As the clock ticks against me I skip through the pavements of BEBE and ALDO. I can’t resist the urge to gawk at their spring collection. My eyes are fixated on the stores' best garments draped over their mannequins. I’m captivated by the candy colored shoes, suede neutrals and fringe heels that décor their windows.

Deep into the eyes of my mind I picture myself strutting down Manhattan's runway donning such fabulous attire. I envision strolling in prestige boutiques fearless of price labels.

I know it sounds vain but that’s how I define success: Money, Material and Love. Call me materialistic but I’ve always fantasized of having my own Sex and the City.

For one, I am a writer and have dreamed of being a successful writer in NYC draped in designer clothes, living in chic commodities, and marrying the omega of all loves.

Yet deep down inside I have a deeper vision a more selfless ambition; because as the surface appears to lack substance, inside, my streams of consciousness isn't as shallow.

I want to inspire the unturned, touch the hearts of the unknown, and blow life into the dead. I want to supply the sweet nectars of creativity into shriveled minds of the thirsty. I want to entertain those who seek escapisms in my words. For years writers’ have motivated me with their talents and I wish to do the same. Deep down that faint voice (that stirs inside) wants to be heard and make an impact in society.

As I presume thinking of my ambitions I Instantly start to feel the dazzling feeling of inspiration spray upon me. I can feel its spell opening my pores. The feeling is invigorating; as if mint was smothered all over my body. I extend my arms twirling in place as the April sun bends the rays of light fixated on my smile. I’m twenty-four but at this very moment I feel thirteen, full of unbroken aspirations with a brilliance to humanity. I feel a new connection inside a new love for myself. But once upon a time self love wasn’t as easy.

I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve neglected my own desires in belief that something else will fill my void, but as I searched to find myself I realized that my ambitions are what define me and by achieving I’ll be living up to my full potentiality.

Life has thought me one thing, no matter how much people display their love it will never match-up to self love. It will never mean anything until you love yourself. Harsh lessons extort growth. My growth exemplifies my desires to apply the sane into action.

And as a new ex is added to my list it pains me to see the time wasted in searching for a “hit” I could have supplied myself. I’ve always aspired to be a writer but have been too afraid to pursue it. Writing is the one form of art that makes me feel human. It’s my strength and also my weakness. I hope this blog will be a stepping stone to where I want to go.

Love
--Kenia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!