Friday, April 24, 2009

Writing on the 2 Train

Every morning on my way to work I find myself thinking about the past. The unforgettable past! I know these memories ascend pain and sometimes the need to rewind time and place band-aids on broken film strips. However, if those mistakes wouldn’t have occurred than perhaps I would have never met the incredible people who are in my life now.
Thinking deeper about this subject makes me glad that they stuck around for so long. Without DJ I would have never known the meaning of true friendship, without Blue I would be ignorant to unselfish love and without Hugh It would have probably taken longer for me to realize that I possess a fire that’s waiting to conquer. Days when I needed words to save me from despair they were there to show me my way back home.

I guess I shouldn’t think so hard about the past. I should be enjoying the present, because that’s what it is a PRESENT. I’m lucky to have met people who’ve left footprints in my life, and I thank them because without them it probably would have taken me longer to experience friendship and unconditional love.

I advice you to cherish every moment in time. Never EVER take anyone for granted, because when their gone at least you know that you took advantage of every second in time.

Love
--Kenia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!